Thursday, September 6, 2012

Visiting the beach in Matinkylä

It was sort of chilly today but the sun was unobstructed, so I decided to visit the beach in my neighbourhood after work. Haha, I actually live pretty close to the beach... it's probably a 30 minute walk away from my apartment, but I just took the bus anyway.

So the beach is sort of hidden away behind a patch of trees. But then again, you can say everything is hidden away behind a patch of trees just because there are trees everywhere here. Anyway, I decided to walk out onto the pier and just sit my bum down to enjoy the view. It's an odd feeling when you just focus on the waves until it feels like you're the one that's moving instead of the water. And so I sat until some other people came on... I felt like I was being a pylon and it seemed awkward so I just went away.

But yeah, pretty peaceful. I'll definitely come back. Plus, I was told that people go walking on the beach once it's all frozen in the winter. That should be pretty fun and amusing!

I think that pier extends from a restaurant by the beach.

The pier I sat on.

4everrrrrr

There's also a no diving sign.

It was about 19:00

Dinner for today. I've eaten too healthily lately so I just had a cheeseburger.

GEESE

And because I like to be redundant... but the view is nice though!

No comments:

Post a Comment